A pay and display machine is a type of ticket machine used for regulating parking in urban areas or in car parks. It relies on a customer purchasing a ticket from a machine and displaying the ticket on the dashboard, windscreen or passenger window of the vehicle. Details included on a printed ticket are generally the machine identification, amount paid, time entered and expiry time. The machine will require the following steps:
- The user will have to go to the nearest ‘Pay & Display’ machine after parking their vehicle at any of the available parking lots.
- Key in their car registration number(s) (excluding the alphabets).
- Insert coins as required according to the desired duration.
- The machine will produce a ticket which is to be displayed on the dashboard.
- Make sure that the ticket can be clearly seen by enforcement.